Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett join `The Jungle Book`
Los Angeles: Actors Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett have joined Benedict Cumberbatch to star in Warner Bros` `Jungle Book: Origins`.
Actors Naomie Harris, Tom Hollander, Eddie Marsan and Peter Mullan have also been roped for the adaptation of `The Jungle Book`.
Rohan Chand, the young actor who starred opposite Jason Bateman in `Bad Words`, will star as the human boy Mowgli.
Blanchett, 45, will voice Kaa, a sinister python who is also a friend to Mowgli, while Hollander will play Tabaqui, the jackal who is an underling of Shere Khan.
Mullan will be Akela, the leader of the wolf pack that raises Mowgli. Harris is the female wolf Nisha, while Marsan is her mate, Vihaan.
Serkis will play Baloo the bear, and Bale, 40, will voice Bagheera, a fearsome panther, both of whom save Mowgli from the killer tiger Shere Khan (Cumberbatch) and teach him the law of the jungle.
The movie will employ a mix of motion capture, CG animation and live action.
Callie Kloveshas has written the script, adapting the Rudyard Kipling short stories, while her father, Steve Kloves, the screenwriter who wrote seven of the `Harry Potter` films is producing the film with Jonathan Cavendish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunil Grover does a ‘Raees’ a la Shah Rukh Khan! See PICS
- Fawad Khan’s wife shares first photo of daughter Elayna and its too cute!
- Surpanakha - A destructive demoness from the Ramayana or tormented woman?
- Here’s how you can regain your spouse’s attention
- Shah Rukh Khan - Karan Johar’s camaraderie will inspire you to connect with your friends
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!