Christian Bale to star in `The Deep Blue Good-by`
Los Angeles: Actor Christian Bale is in talks to take on the role of Travis McGee in the upcoming film adaptation of John D MacDonald`s novel `The Deep Blue Good-by`.
The 40-year-old `Dark Knight Rises` star is in negotiations with Fox to take on the role of Travis McGee, reportedly.
The book is the first in a series of 21 that follow McGee, a self described `savage consultant` who recovers people`s property for a fee and along the way gets caught up in trouble fighting bad guys and wooing women.
While no official offer has been made as of yet, Bale is said to have agreed to star and an offer is expected to be announced shortly.
James Mangold will direct the film for Chernin Entertainment while `The Wolf of Wall Street` star Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson-Killoran are to produce for Appian Way alongside Amy Robinson.
Bale recently worked with both Fox and Chernin entertainment on `Exodus: Gods and Kings` - in which he plays Moses. It is set for release on December 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra talks about wedding plans, says 'I believe you are single until you are married'
- Alia Bhatt's Filmfare win: You will be amazed to know how father Mahesh Bhatt celebrated
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Karan Johar, Kareena Kapoor Khan did not speak to each other for almost a year – Here's why
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!
- Aditya Roy Kapur - Shraddha Kapoor's 'Ok Jaanu': Check out opening weekend Box Office collections
- Ranbir Kapoor’s Sanjay Dutt biopic: THIS veteran actor will essay Sunil Dutt