Christian Bale to star in `The Deep Blue Good-by`
Los Angeles: Actor Christian Bale is in talks to take on the role of Travis McGee in the upcoming film adaptation of John D MacDonald`s novel `The Deep Blue Good-by`.
The 40-year-old `Dark Knight Rises` star is in negotiations with Fox to take on the role of Travis McGee, reportedly.
The book is the first in a series of 21 that follow McGee, a self described `savage consultant` who recovers people`s property for a fee and along the way gets caught up in trouble fighting bad guys and wooing women.
While no official offer has been made as of yet, Bale is said to have agreed to star and an offer is expected to be announced shortly.
James Mangold will direct the film for Chernin Entertainment while `The Wolf of Wall Street` star Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson-Killoran are to produce for Appian Way alongside Amy Robinson.
Bale recently worked with both Fox and Chernin entertainment on `Exodus: Gods and Kings` - in which he plays Moses. It is set for release on December 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!