Christopher Eccleston to play villain in `Thor 2`
Los Angeles: Actor Christopher Eccleston has been tapped to play supervillain in ‘Thor: The Dark World’.
In the ‘Thor’ sequel, Eccleston will essay the role of Malekith the Accursed, who is one of Thor`s archenemies, reported Ace Showbiz.
‘Thor 2’ will involve the Dark Elves and will be shot underground. The sequel was earlier set to be filmed this summer in some long tunnels in London. In Marvel comics, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim are living in caverns and underground places.
Before Eccleston, Mads Mikkelsen was eyed to play the villainous role. The Danish actor, however, turned down the offer due to his busy schedule on NBC`s ‘Hannibal’.
The film will bring back Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins and will be directed by Alan Taylor.
‘Thor 2’ film will hit the US theatres on November 15, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!
- Has Aamir Khan already started promoting 'Dangal'?