Colin Farrell and Paula Patton to star in `Warcraft`
Los Angeles: Actor Colin Farrell and Paula Patton are reportedly in talks to star in the upcoming movie `Warcraft`.
A long-delayed project to bring Blizzard`s epic video game `World of Warcraft` to the big screen is back on track. Casting to find the lead actors in the fantasy story set on the world of Planet Azeroth has begun, reported Deadline.
`Source Code` director Duncan Jones is tapped to helm the live-action film, while `Blood Diamond` scribe Charles Leavitt will write the script.
The movie adaptation was first announced back in 2006. `Spider-Man` director Sam Raimi was initially attached to the project, but he bowed out last year. The project is now expected to start production in January 2014.
`Warcraft` series is an online multiplayer role-playing game taking place in a high-fantasy medieval-like setting where gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves exist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!