Colin Firth wishes to play Professor Henry Higgins in ‘My Fair Lady’
London: Colin Firth has told the producers of the remake of ‘My Fair Lady’ that he wants to play Professor Henry Higgins in the movie.
The ‘Bridget Jones’s Diary’ star has told Sir Cameron Mackintosh and Duncan Kenworthy that he will play Professor Henry Higgins to Carey Mulligan’s Eliza Doolittle.
The 50-year-old English actor, who won an Oscar for his portrayal of George VI’s attempts to overcome speech impediment in ‘The King’s Speech’, will teach a Cockney flower seller to “talk proper” in the remake.
An associate has revealed that Firth “is keen” on playing the Professor in the musical written by Emma Thompson.
Kenworthy has not revealed anything about the casting, saying it’s still in the planning stages.
“It’s in the planning stages, so it’s not the time to talk about casting,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!