Daniel Craig wants to `keep going as James Bond`
London: Daniel Craig has said that he will continue to play ‘James Bond’ as long as he possibly can.
The 44-year-old actor, who is reprising his role as the iconic British spy for the third time in the latest film ‘Skyfall’, admitted there were big expectations for the film to be a success as the Bond franchise is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
And, he is confident that the team was "going to put on a good show".
Craig said that although he wanted to leave his mark on the films, he was under no illusion he would have to eventually give up the 007 role.
"I know there`ll be someone after me, and hopefully someone after them - I``m just trying to keep [the series] going,” the BBC quoted him as saying.
There has been a four-year gap between the previous film ‘Quantum of Solace’ and the latest edition.
Production was temporarily suspended in April 2010 due to uncertainty over film company MGM``s future amid financial troubles.
But the actor insists that work had still been going on behind the scenes.
"We haven`t been resting on our laurels, we`ve been plotting what to do with this film," he said.
"The first one was a whirr - it was a new experience and flew by - the second one was the tricky second album, but this one we`ve really planned and got a great script.
"It`s going to be different from the last one, but it will still be a great Bond movie," he added.
‘Skyfall’, which is directed by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes, also stars Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and sees Dame Judi Dench return as M.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!