Danny Boyle to helm `Smash and Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers`
Los Angeles: Filmmaker Danny Boyle is attached to direct a feature adaptation of the documentary `Smash and Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers`.
The original documentary, released last year, was about the world`s most successful diamond thieves. It featured footage captured on CCTV as well as interviews with several members of the gang, reported Variety.
According to reports, Boyle was interested in turning the documentary into a film after watching it, leading to his long-term producing partner Christian Colson coming on board.
The `Slumdog Millionaire` director will produce through his Cloud Eight Films banner.
Pathe and Fox Searchlight will co-finance the movie. Boyle was said to be searching for his next project after he last directed heist thriller `Trance`, starring James McAvoy as a London art dealer who is forced to assist in the theft of a Goya painting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth-Jacqueline's next not sequel to 'Bang Bang'
- CONFIRMED! Sonakshi Sinha to star with Akshay Kumar in next
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!
- Who Humpty? It’s time for ‘Badrinath’ Varun Dhawan to hunt for his ‘Dulhania’ Alia Bhatt
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?