David Schwimmer wants strict law against online pornography
London: Hollywood actor David Schwimmer says he is horrified to find the easy accessibility of inappropriate contents on the internet available for youngsters.
The 44-year-old actor fears that easy access to unsuitable content online can lead to the loss of innocence in children, Contactmusic reported.
The `Friends` star, who has stepped into the director`s shoes for his upcoming film `Trust`, says he struggled to buy a copy of `Playboy` magazine during his teenage days.
"When I was 13 it was a real challenge to get your hands on Playboy. But today unfortunately most kids before the age of 13 have seen pornography online and not just a still image - moving pictures.
"If you`re a nine-or-10-year-old, and your first encounter with sexuality is some kind of pornography online, than that`s definitely a loss of innocence," said Schwimmer.
The star who is a long-time campaigner for the `Rape Foundation` in California, is also unhappy with the provocative display of brand advertising.
"There used to be a big uproar about Brooke Shields in her jeans 15, 20 years ago, but now people take it for granted.
"I find it pretty disturbing to see a huge billboard in New York - you see a young girl that looks 15 maybe, although you can`t tell. You`re like, `Wait a minute she`s in her underwear on the floor of a dirty hotel room or something.` But you just drive by and you`re used to it. I think it`s a problem..." adds the actor.
The actor`s directorial venture `Trust` tells the story of a teenager who is lured to a motel for sex by an online predator old enough to be her father.
The film stars Clive Owen, Catherine Keener and Liana Liberato.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Happy I got to abuse in 'Tamasha': Deepika Padukone
- Was intimidated by Akshay in 'Airlift': Nimrat Kaur
- Angelina Jolie's sons working on her new movie
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali opens up about 'Bajirao-Dilwale' clash