De Niro, Sly to play rival boxers in new movie
London: Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone are rumoured to be playing rival boxers in new movie ‘Grudge Match’.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the movie is the story of two ex-boxers-Billy ‘The Kid’ McGuigan and Henry ‘Razor’ Sharp-who agree to come out of retirement for one last bout, reports a news daily.
In a post on Twitter.com, a representative for Production Weekly magazine wrote, "La Motta VS. Balboa - Sylvester Stallone & Robert De Niro rumoured to get back in the ring for Tim Kelleher’s Grudge Match at Warner Bros."
De Niro won an Oscar for his role as fighter Jake La Motta in 1980’s ‘Raging Bull,’ while Stallone found fame as down-on-his-luck boxer Rocky Balboa in 1976 film ‘Rocky.’
The new movie is scheduled for release in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look