Derek Hough up for lead role in ‘Dirty Dancing’ remake
Cheryl Cole`s dancer pal and former boyfriend is reportedly in talks for the role of Johnny Castle, made famous by Patrick Swayze, but faces stiff competition from the likes of Dominic Cooper, Chace Crawford and Matthew Morrison.
“Derek really wants Patrick Swayze`s old role. He saw it did wonders for Swayze`s career and wants to repeat the magic. He`s a brilliant dancer but hasn`t much acting experience which worries him,” a website quoted a source as saying.
Hollywood choreographer Kenny Ortega is reworking the Patrick Swayze hit to mark next year`s 25th anniversary of the original.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here