Derek Hough up for lead role in ‘Dirty Dancing’ remake
Cheryl Cole`s dancer pal and former boyfriend is reportedly in talks for the role of Johnny Castle, made famous by Patrick Swayze, but faces stiff competition from the likes of Dominic Cooper, Chace Crawford and Matthew Morrison.
“Derek really wants Patrick Swayze`s old role. He saw it did wonders for Swayze`s career and wants to repeat the magic. He`s a brilliant dancer but hasn`t much acting experience which worries him,” a website quoted a source as saying.
Hollywood choreographer Kenny Ortega is reworking the Patrick Swayze hit to mark next year`s 25th anniversary of the original.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakesh Roshan will watch 'Kaabil' again, but won't see 'Raees'
- Academy awards 2017: Complete list of Oscar nominations is here!
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!