Director Colin Trevorrow to helm `Jurassic Park 4`
London: The long awaited `Jurassic Park 4` will be directed by director Colin Trevorrow, Universal Pictures has revealed.
The 36-year-old filmmaker, made his feature film directorial debut in 2012 with the time travel comedy, ` Safety Not Guaranteed ,` which was a hit at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
Steven Spielberg, who directed the first two instalments of the 1.9 billion-dollar dinosaur franchise, will be the executive producer of the fourth film, the BBC reported.
The movie to be made in 3D is due for release in June 2014.
Spielberg had announced in 2011 that ` Jurassic Park 4` was in development.
Universal has given no other details regarding the movie`s cast or plot, however it will be scripted by `Rise of the Planet of the Apes` screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.
`Jurassic Park` will be rereleased in US cinemas in 3D in April to celebrate the movie`s 20th anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian film industry's earnings to be $3.7 billion by 2020, says report
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee