Disney bosses couldn’t stand ‘gay’ Jack Sparrow: Johnny Depp
London: Johnny Depp has revealed that Disney bosses were initially uncomfortable with his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow in ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’, with one person asking if the character was a gay.
“They couldn’t stand him. They just couldn’t stand him. I think it was Michael Eisner, the head of Disney at the time, who was quoted as saying, ‘He’s ruining the movie’, ” The Daily Mail quoted him as saying in an interview with Vanity Fair.
It appeared the 47-year-old actor decided to have a bit of fun with Disney executives, who were used to releasing clean-cut, family-friendly entertainment.
Depp recalled a conversation with the bosses where he was asked: ‘What`s wrong with him? Is he, you know, like some kind of weird simpleton? Is he drunk? By the way, is he gay?’
“And so I actually told this woman who was the Disney-ite… ‘But didn`t you know that all my characters are gay?" Which really made her nervous’,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IMPPA to pass resolution banning Pakistani artistes in India
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool