Eight Oscar nominations for `Silver...`, Anupam feels rewarded
Mumbai: Indian actor Anupam Kher, who features in the cast of Hollywood movie ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, is ecstatic after the romantic-comedy bagged eight nominations at the 85th Academy Awards. He says "this is the biggest moment of my life".
"As an Indian actor, I feel rewarded for my 30 years of contribution to cinema. I am glad to have worked with the fabulous cast and crew of `Silver Linings Playbook`," Anupam said in a statement.
‘(Director) David O. Russell is undoubtedly a brilliant filmmaker and he has proved it again. A major part of me as an actor feels satiated today," added the 57-year-old veteran.
Anupam played Dr. Patel in the film, which features Hollywood giants Robert de Niro and Bradley Cooper in key roles.
The Oscar nominations were announced in Los Angeles Thursday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!