Emilia Clarke to play Sarah Connor in `Terminator` reboot
Los Angeles: Actress Emilia Clarke, known for her role in `Game of Thorns,` has been cast as Sarah Connor in the reboot of `The Terminator`.
The 26 year-old actress will re-team with director Alan Taylor, with whom she worked on the fantasy TV series, reported Deadline.
Casting for the role came down to two people, Emilia and Brie Larson, with each of them taking part in readings for producers at Skydance, Annapurna, and Paramount.
Clarke`s big break came when she was cast as a dragon-commanding heroine called `Daenerys Targaryen`, the shy sister of her King big brother quickly transforms into one of the show`s most daunting characters.
She appeared on the big screen recently as she co-starred with Jude Law in the British dark comedy `Dom Hemingway`.
Also set to join the new cast is Jason Clarke, known for `Zero Dark Thirty` and `Lawless`. The Australian actor is reportedly in talks to play her son John Connor.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who appeared in the first instalment back in 1984, is set to reprise his iconic role as a T-800 cyborg from the future whose purpose is to protect the safety of John Connor.
The fifth instalment will be titled `Terminator: Genesis` and is slated for a release on July 1 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?