Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role
London: Hollywood actress Emily Blunt had to fight her way to the role of a ballerina in the film `The Adjustment Bureau` as the director was only considering dancers for the part.
George Nolfi, the director of the upcoming thriller wanted to cast a professional dancer but the 28-year-old British actress was determined to get the role, reported a website.
Blunt who shot to fame playing the catty assistant Emily Charlton in `The Devil Wears Prada`, said that she fell in love with the script which is loosely based on author Philip K Dick`s short story, Adjustment Team.
"I read the script and then about six weeks later, I finally got a meeting with George. I would call my agency and they would say, `No, no, they`re only meeting dancers`. He said he wanted a dancer and I said, `I think you`re wrong, I think you should have me,`", she said.
The actress then underwent a tough training period for the role as she struggled to stick to her strict diet and perfect her dance steps before the shoot.
"I had about eight weeks before the movie started so I was in the dance studio and in the gym. It`s the most demanding thing, physically, I`ve done", added Blunt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Shahid Kapoor REVEALS that his 'best film' is yet to come!
- 'Golmaal Returns' was a crap film, says filmmaker Rohit Shetty
- Shahid Kapoor gave EPIC reply to all those asking about his 'Padmavati' look!
- Kangana Ranaut will look like this in Hansal Mehta's 'Simran'?