Emma Watson bags `Queen of the Tearling`
Los Angeles: Harry Potter star Emma Watson has been roped in to star in fantasy franchise ‘The Queen Of The Tearling’.
The actress, who shot to fame as Hermione Granger in the wizard films, will star in the big screen adaptation of Erika Johansen`s book trilogy and also serve as an executive producer on the project, according to variety.com.
Watson will reunite with Harry Potter producer David Heyman for the movie, which follows princess Kelsea Glynn who must reclaim her late mother`s throne and kingdom, the Tearling, from the dark magic of The Red Queen.
The news comes before the book series has even been released - Johansen`s first installment in the trilogy is slated to hit shelves in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees' to release in Egypt and Jordan!
- Salman Rushdie wants 'Lion' to win big at the Oscars
- Deepika Padukone's Hollywood debut 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' mints over $300 mn worldwide!
- 'Rangoon' has a great cast, feels Kangana Ranaut!