Family film `The Croods` to release in India April 19
New Delhi: ‘The Croods’, latest 3D adventure offering from Fox and DreamWorks, will hit Indian screens April 19. The movie follows the world`s first modern family through the journey of a lifetime.
‘The Croods’ has characters voiced by the likes of Nicolas Cage (father `Grug`), Emma Stone (daughter `Eep`) and Ryan Reynolds (`Guy`).
It starts with the family`s `first` trip, after their home, a cave, is destroyed. The story then follows the discoveries of an incredible new world by the Croods with fantastic creatures, and a future beyond what they imagined.
The discoveries provide many `firsts` in their life - first family trip, first fire and shoes, first pet, first joke, first cell (shell) phone, and even the first mid-life crisis.
Family is a core factor in the movie, just as it is in the Indian culture.
"The physical comedy was always there in the film`s development. But we came to realise that once you strip away all the stuff in our modern lives - jobs, cars, responsibilities - you drill down to what really matters, and that`s family and friends," Chris Sanders, writer-director of the movie, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unveiled! First poster of Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'TE3N'
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Tiger-Shraddha's 'Baaghi' mints Rs 11.87 crore on opening day!