Fan Bingbing to play actor Anna May Wong in upcoming biopic?
London: Chinese actress Fan Bingbing is reportedly in talks to portray movie star Anna May Wong in an upcoming biopic.
Fundamental Films are developing a film called `Dragon Lady` and `The X-Men: Days of Future Past` actress has emerged as their top choice to play the lead role, reportedly.
The film will centre around Wong`s life as the first Chinese-American movie star, recalling her poverty-stricken upbringing in downtown Los Angeles and her rise to fame in Hollywood.
She also starred in such films as `Daughter of the Dragon`, `Daughter of Shanghai`, and `Shanghai Express` with Marlene Dietrich, and she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960.
Her breakout role came in 1924 when she played a Mongol slave opposite Douglas Fairbanks in `The Thief of Bagdad`, but she was constantly offered roles to play negative stereotypes of Chinese females.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!