Forest Whitaker to play Martin Luther King Jr in film?
London: Hollywood star Forest Whitaker has been tipped to play civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr in a new movie.
The 51-year-old Oscar-winning actor is said to be in talks to tackle the lead role in `Memphis`, a new film by Paul Greengrass, the British director responsible for two Bourne films, reported Contactmusic.
The movie will recount the final days of King`s life before he was assassinated in 1968 and will be shot in a documentary-style format similar to Greengrass` 9/11 movie United 93.
Whitaker is currently favourite to take the coveted role of King.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH