Halle Berry lands lead role drama series `Extant`
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Halle Berry is set for a return to the small screen in Steven Spielberg`s sci-fi drama series `Extant`.
This will be the first time the 47-year-old actress has returned for a television role since 1991 from her run in the American soap opera `Knots Landing`.
The new series on CBS will be produced by Spielberg`s Amblin Television and is 13 episodes long, reported Variety.
Berry will play an astronaut who has returned for a year long voyage in outer space on her own. She attempts to reconnect with her husband and son whilst adjusting to everyday life, but her experiences leads to events that change the course of history.
"I`m always on the lookout for amazing roles, and when you see material that contains this strong of auspices, nuance and complexity, it compels me to run toward it no matter the medium," Berry said in a statement.
"For five months a year I`ll get to live with and play this incredibly intelligent and vulnerable woman, and for the remainder of the year I`ll continue to look for other roles that move me as deeply as this one," she added.
Spielberg also commented in the same statement, "There`s only one Halle Berry and we are incredibly honoured that she has chosen `Extant` to expand her illustrious career".
"As she does with everything she touches, she will bring a deep authenticity to her role and I very much look forward to working with her," he added.
`Extant` is executive produced by Spielberg and will air in the summer of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!