Helen Mirren, Manish Dayal in `The Hundred-Foot Journey`
Mumbai: Oscar-winning actress Helen Mirren and Manish Dayal have been cast in ‘The Hundred-Foot Journey’, which revolves around an Indian family that opens an Indian restaurant in southern France.
Based on the bestselling book by Richard Morais, the DreamWorks Studios` drama is penned by Steve Knight. Directed by Lasse Hallstrom, it will be produced by Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake.
The movie surrounds the story of an Indian family, which moves to southern France and opens an Indian restaurant a hundred feet across the street from a Michelin-starred French restaurant and a culinary battle ensues between the two that ultimately tests the power of family, loyalty and love.
Production will begin on the film in September in France and India and will be released in US theatres Aug 8, 2014.
In India, the film will be distributed by DreamWorks` partner Reliance Entertainment.
It will be distributed by the Walt Disney Company in the US and in select international territories, while Mister Smith Entertainment is handling distribution in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes