Helen Mirren terrified of playing Queen Elizabeth onscreen
Washington: Dame Helen Mirren has revealed that she was “very, very nervous” when she took on the role of Queen Elizabeth in ‘The Queen.’
The 66-year-old actress was awarded a Best Actress Oscar in 2006 for her role as the monarch in the film.
“She’s an icon all over the world. Everybody knows what she looks and sounds like,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling Hello! magazine.
“I knew I had to get those things right, but I wanted to go beyond a simple impersonation. So yes, I was very, very nervous,” she said.
Apparently, the Queen herself was happy with Mirren’s performance.
“She’s never publically commented on it, but I know she didn’t absolutely hate it because I have subsequently been invited to tea at Buckingham Palace,” Mirren said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as an adorably badass superhero is a treat for kids!
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' has been a joyride: Nitya Mehra