Helen Mirren to play Hitchcock’s wife
Washington: Dame Helen Mirren is set to play Alfred Hitchcock’s wife in a new biopic.
The ‘Arthur’ actress looks likely to join the cast of ‘Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho’ as Alma Reville alongside Sir Anthony Hopkins, who has been attached to play the legendary filmmaker for around a year, though insiders told the Hollywood Reporter that negotiations are still in the early stages, Contactmusic reported.
‘Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho’ is based on Stephen Rebello’s non-fiction book about how the director, at the height of his career success, wanted to make a “lowly” horror movie.
The movie - which has been in development for four years - will be helmed by ‘Anvil! The Story of Anvil’ director Sacha Gervasi, while Montecito Picture Co. are producing.
Author Stephen has co-written the script alongside ‘Black Swan’ scribe John McLaughlin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan