Helena Bonham Carter as fairy godmother in `Cinderella`
Los Angeles: After her villaneous outings in movies like `Alice in Wonderland` and `Les Miserables`, actress Helena Bonham Carter has landed the positive role of fairy godmother in a new retelling of `Cinderella`.
Kenneth Branagh is directing the live-action movie for Disney which will see Oscar-winner Cate Blanchett playing the role of the wicked stepmother, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Lily James is in the title role while `Game of Thrones` Richard Madden will play the prince.
Sophie McShera and Holliday Granger are playing the stepsisters.
The latest version of the classic story will see the fairy godmother getting more screen time.
Simon Kinberg, Allison Shearmur and David Barron are producing the fantasy and are planning to shoot in London.
Bonham Carter has previously played the Red Queen in Disney`s 2010 movie `Alice in Wonderland`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?