Hugh Jackman got big roles because of Russell Crowe
Los Angeles: Actor Hugh Jackman says he is thankful to Russell Crowe for leaving out on big roles, which he did later.
Jackman, 44, has worked with Crowe in movie ‘Les Miserables’, and says both actors have learned from each other.
"We were good friends before. We knew each other a lot. And Russell has given me advice several times at key moments in my life that helped with my career. I also owe him because two of the biggest roles I`ve ever had in my life, he turned down - and suggested me for them," a website has quoted Jackman as saying.
Jackman will next be seen in ‘The Wolverine’, said to be the sixth instalment of the ‘X-Men’ franchise. The first movie was directed by Bryan Singer in 2000 and the actor says Crowe was the first choice of director.
"On `X-Men`, he was Bryan Singer`s first choice for Wolverine, and he mentioned me also for Australia. He really is incredibly smart, and generous. It was a joy to work with him."
‘The Wolverine’ is directed by James Mangold and is expected to release in July next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP