Hugh Jackman regrets not doing Bond role
Los Angeles: Actor Hugh Jackman says he regrets not accepting the lead role in James Bond movie "Casino Royale", which ultimately went to Daniel Craig.
Jackman, 44, had date issues when he was approached for the role and feels Craig did justice to the character.
"At the time it was wrong for me, but when I saw Daniel in the movie, I thought maybe I should have been more interested, because it was great," thesun.co.uk quoted Jackman as saying.
"But I am great mates with Daniel. When he was in Australia we caught up and, you know, no one could have played Bond better," he added.
However, the actor, who is known for his role as Wolverine in "The X-Men" series, is waiting for Craig to quit the series now, so that he can grab the opportunity.
"I will just wait. The good thing about Daniel is he`s, what, 62 now, isn`t he? He`s falling apart at the seams. So I just keep telling him, `I`m ready, whenever you want to let him go, I`m ready`," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of a crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look