I am done with acting, says Sean Connery
London: After an acting career spanning more than six decades, veteran star Sean Connery insists he is done with the world of showbiz and will never act in films again.
The Scottish actor, most famous for portraying British secret agent James Bond between 1962 and 1983, celebrates his 80th birthday today and admits that it is unlikely to see him grace the silver screen again, a news daily reported.
"I don`t think I`ll ever act again. I have so many wonderful memories but those days are over," Connery said.
"I`ve done a voice over for an 85-minute animated film called `Sir Billi`, which I enjoyed and it will be exciting to see that project finished. Shirley Bassey sings the theme and Ruby Wax was also involved," he added.
The Academy-award-winning actor also talked about the films he enjoyed the most.
"Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade. I was working with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. The teamwork was special. It was a great adventure and Harrison Ford and Denholm Elliot were wonderful actors. I had so much fun," Connery said.
According to Connery the worst film in his career was `Meteor`, an early 1970s sci-fi thriller about an asteroid on a collision course with Earth which co-starred Natalie Wood.
"It`s probably top of my worst films list. It just bombed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!