I am hoping for an Oscar: Usher
London: R&B singer Usher hopes to win an Oscar for his role as the legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in upcoming biopic ‘Hands of Stone’.
The 33-year-old `Scream` hitmaker, who is making his big screen debut with the film, says it would be great if he gets the coveted award despite the fact that he has no prior acting experience, reported Contactmusic.
"I`ve seen Oscar winners come out of left field... I`m just saying Jennifer Hudson [singer who won an Oscar]... I`m going into it offering my interpretation and my hard work and my dedication to be the best Sugar Ray ever.
"Or as good as the man can be. I`ve spoken to him, and I don`t know if I`ll ever be able to live up to him. But I`ll try to be better than him," he said.
The biopic also stars Robert De Niro in a prominent role and Usher said he did not feel intimidated by the actor`s presence.
"Not at all, not at all. There`s a respect for both parties... I`m not intimidated in any way. Because there`s a shared passion and respect among all of us, and it`s the type of script that will allow all of us to shine."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iranian film on Prophet Mohammad stirs calls for Tehran to ban it
- 'Lip to lip' was 'physically demanding' for Imran Khan
- Baankey Ki Crazy Baraat movie review: A whimsical entourage
- Bollywood should make films on environmental issues: Amol Palekar
- Jesse Owens' biopic 'Race' to release in February next year