I am relieved to do comedy: Megan Fox
Los Angeles: Hollywood actress Megan Fox, who is known for her "sexy action girl" persona, says she is happy to ditch the image for a comic role in Sacha Baron Cohen`s ‘The Dictator’.
The 25-year-old says doing a comic act in the film makes her feel relieved, reported Aceshowbiz.
"When I first started acting I was always playing the mean girl, then I was playing these cool, robotic women. I was growing tired of playing those kinds of characters and reinforcing this stereotypes of me and having to play up to that when I was doing interviews.
"Now I feel I can be myself again. It`s given me the chance to get away from that sexy, icy image that I`ve been stuck with. I think the public can relate to me more easily in these kinds of movies," Fox said.
Though she only tackles a minor part in the movie, Fox said that she had a wonderful time working with Sacha Baron Cohen.
"I had a wonderful time. Sacha is very smart and funny. We had a great time working together. I think the audiences are going to love the film," she added.
Fox will be seen playing a stuck-up hooker in the upcoming comedy. Directed by Larry Charles, the film also stars Anna Faris, Ben Kingsley, John C Reilly and Bobby Lee. It will hit the theaters on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?
- We all felt 'Golmaal 2' was a crap as compared to its other parts, says Ajay Devgn
- ‘Shivaay’ becomes Ajay Devgn’s biggest international release, to hit theatres in more than 60 countries
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor