I didn`t want to do `Captain America`: Evans
London: Actor Chris Evans says initially he had turned down the superhero role in `Captain America: The First Avenger` because he was worried about possible sequels.
"Captain America: The First Avenger" is an upcoming 2011 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Captain America and Evans plays the superhero.
"I didn`t want to do this movie. I said no, I think, three times. I had serious doubts. If these movies do well, I could be playing this guy until I`m 40. What if I want to quit acting? What if I want to move to India? You can`t, you have a contract. It`s terrifying!" contactmusic.com quoted Evans as saying.
But after reading the script, the actor realised that it is a "great" character.
"I loved the character. He`s a good guy. Even if nobody`s looking. He`s got nothing, he can`t do anything, but he`s OK with it. He does the right thing, not for the praise but because it`s the right thing," he said.
The movie is due for release later this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop