I hate my character in `Bling Ring`, says Emma Watson
London: Actress Emma Watson says her role in upcoming movie `Bling Ring`, where she portrays a fame-obsessed teenager, who robs celebrities`, is not likable and she feels strongly against it.
The `Harry Potter` star plays Nicki, a pole-dancing, thieving `Valley Vixen` involved in a circle that steals from famous people, reported Digital Spy.
"When I read the script and I realised that essentially it was a meditation on fame and what it`s become to our society, I had to do it. The character is everything that I felt strongly against - she`s superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral. She`s all of these things and I realised that I hated her. How do you play someone you hate?
"But I found it really interesting and it gave me a whole new insight into what my job, or my role as an actress, could be," she said.
The film is directed by Sofia Coppola and involves a circle of teenage girls played by Israel Broussard, Katie Chang, Claire Pfister, Georgia Rock and Carlos Miranda.
The script is based on the true story of the Hollywood Hills Burglar Bunch, who stole over USD 3 million of property from celebrities including Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakesh Roshan will watch 'Kaabil' again, but won't see 'Raees'
- Academy awards 2017: Complete list of Oscar nominations is here!
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!