I want to play Gandalf in Tolkien prequels: James McAvoy
London: ‘X-Men: First Class’ star James McAvoy says he would love to play legendary wizard Gandalf.
The character, who features heavily in author JRR Tolkien`s most famous works The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, has been made famous by veteran actor Ian McKellen in Peter Jackson`s screen adaptations.
McAvoy, 33, said that he would like the role should there be any prequels to the recent films, reported Digital Spy online.
Revealing an in-depth knowledge of Tolkien`s work, he specifically referenced the possibility of appearing in something adapted from Tolkien anthology `The Silmarillion`.
"It`s a collection of poems and songs that chart the ancient history of Middle-earth. My true geek is coming to the fore, but they`re really, really beautiful stories.
"In part of that is the genesis of Gandalf, or Mithrandir, or Stormcrow, or any of his many, many names. Anyway, maybe that`s the one," said McAvoy.
‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ is currently at the top of the UK box office, and set a December box office record in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Christmas celebrations back home
- Shahenshah at 70: The Big B Reinvention!
- As Beatles comes alive, so does the India connect!
- United Art Fair 2012: An overwhelming artistry celebration
- Akshay is perfect as Lord Krishna: Paresh Rawal
- In Bollywood you do not retire but simply expire!
- “Lord Krishna’s character has shades of grey”
- Salman bhai loved ‘Mashallah’, was excited about it: Wajid Khan
- Bollywood is like Indian culture; it is all-accepting: Rahul Ram
- Pakistani filmmaker keen to make film on cross-border social issues
- Karisma cried after watching 'Heroine': Kareena Kapoor
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490