I was reluctant to play Batman: Ben Affleck
London: Superstar Ben Affleck has revealed that he was initially reluctant to take on the role of Batman in `Superman vs. Batman`.
Affleck, who would take over the role of Bruce Wayne in the sequel to `Man of Steel`, said that he was excited when director Zack Snyder told him about his vision for the movie, reported Femalefirst.
"Initially, I was reluctant as I felt I didn`t fit the traditional mould but once Zack showed me the concept, and that it would be both different from the great movies that Chris (Nolan) and Christian (Bale) made but still in keeping with tradition I was excited.
"Doing something different and new is always tricky and part of the thrill and the risk is that initially it confounds expectations. The truth is, it`s the movie and the execution of it (that) all the actors depend on and I believe in Zack`s vision," he said.
Affleck, 41, will team up with Henry Cavill for the first time. The movie will see Cavill return to the role of Superman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- Ajay Devgan has 'intense' role in 'Fitoor'
- 'Ki and Ka' actor Arjun Kapoor getting a lot of marriage proposals?
- 'The Revenant', other Oscar contenders to be screened in India
- Woah! Deepika Padukone to get intimate with Vin Diesel in 'XXX 3'?