I was reluctant to play Batman: Ben Affleck
London: Superstar Ben Affleck has revealed that he was initially reluctant to take on the role of Batman in `Superman vs. Batman`.
Affleck, who would take over the role of Bruce Wayne in the sequel to `Man of Steel`, said that he was excited when director Zack Snyder told him about his vision for the movie, reported Femalefirst.
"Initially, I was reluctant as I felt I didn`t fit the traditional mould but once Zack showed me the concept, and that it would be both different from the great movies that Chris (Nolan) and Christian (Bale) made but still in keeping with tradition I was excited.
"Doing something different and new is always tricky and part of the thrill and the risk is that initially it confounds expectations. The truth is, it`s the movie and the execution of it (that) all the actors depend on and I believe in Zack`s vision," he said.
Affleck, 41, will team up with Henry Cavill for the first time. The movie will see Cavill return to the role of Superman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan