I was reluctant to play Batman: Ben Affleck
London: Superstar Ben Affleck has revealed that he was initially reluctant to take on the role of Batman in `Superman vs. Batman`.
Affleck, who would take over the role of Bruce Wayne in the sequel to `Man of Steel`, said that he was excited when director Zack Snyder told him about his vision for the movie, reported Femalefirst.
"Initially, I was reluctant as I felt I didn`t fit the traditional mould but once Zack showed me the concept, and that it would be both different from the great movies that Chris (Nolan) and Christian (Bale) made but still in keeping with tradition I was excited.
"Doing something different and new is always tricky and part of the thrill and the risk is that initially it confounds expectations. The truth is, it`s the movie and the execution of it (that) all the actors depend on and I believe in Zack`s vision," he said.
Affleck, 41, will team up with Henry Cavill for the first time. The movie will see Cavill return to the role of Superman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!