Ian Mckellen surprises `Hobbit` fans at cinema
London: Veteran actor Ian Mckellen brought some magic to a midnight screening of `The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug` by making a special appearance in front of stunned fans.
The 74-year-old British star, who plays Gandalf the wizard in the series, turned up unannounced at a theatre in New York for the screening, reported Contactmusic.
When McKellen took to the stage in front of the big screen before the movie began, the audience jumped to their feet to give him a standing ovation.
"Congratulations on being the first audience in New York to see The Desolation of Smaug. This is where I wanted to be right now as we turn midnight on to lucky Friday the 13th.
"I`ve seen this movie. You`re going to have a wonderful time. The dragon goes on a bit long, but by golly, looks fierce," he said.
McKellen is currently residing in New York City while appearing on Broadway in a double bill of Harold Pinter`s `No Man`s Land` and Samuel Beckett`s `Waiting for Godot` alongside Patrick Stewart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!