Idris Elba eyes Guy Ritchie`s `King Arthur`
Los Angeles: Actor Idris Elba is in talks to join Warner Bros` `King Arthur` film to be directed by Guy Ritchie.
Elba, 41, is expected to play a Merlin-esque figure who trains and mentors Arthur, reportedly.
Joby Harold has penned the script and is producing with Akiva Goldsman and Tory Tunnell. The film is set to release on July 22, 2016.
Ritchie has apparently been meeting with actors over the past few months for the film. The most recent `King Arthur` adaptation was a 2004 version starring Clive Owen and Keira Knightley.
Elba would be next seen in `No Good Deed` opposite Taraji P Henson and `The Gunman` alongside Sean Penn. He will also voice Shere Khan in Disney`s `The Jungle Book` adaptation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!