Idris Elba eyes Guy Ritchie`s `King Arthur`
Los Angeles: Actor Idris Elba is in talks to join Warner Bros` `King Arthur` film to be directed by Guy Ritchie.
Elba, 41, is expected to play a Merlin-esque figure who trains and mentors Arthur, reportedly.
Joby Harold has penned the script and is producing with Akiva Goldsman and Tory Tunnell. The film is set to release on July 22, 2016.
Ritchie has apparently been meeting with actors over the past few months for the film. The most recent `King Arthur` adaptation was a 2004 version starring Clive Owen and Keira Knightley.
Elba would be next seen in `No Good Deed` opposite Taraji P Henson and `The Gunman` alongside Sean Penn. He will also voice Shere Khan in Disney`s `The Jungle Book` adaptation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar govt declares 'Manjhi - The Mountain Man' movie tax-free
- Sydney Pollack's `Tootsie` voted `greatest film ever` by actors
- CW working on `gritty` adaptation of `Little Women`
- Check out: The intense brand new poster of Akshay-Sidharth's 'Brothers'
- Amitabh Bachchan finds it hard to describe 'Silsila'