Idris Elba to voice Shere Khan in The Jungle Book
London: British star Idris Elba, best known for his portrayal of drug lord in the HBO series `The Wire`, is set to voice `Shere Khan` in an upcoming reboot of `The Jungle Book`.
The 41-year-old actor is reportedly in final negotiations with Disney bosses to portray Shere Khan, the villainous jungle cat who is on the hunt for the story`s protagonist Mowgli.
The film is a revamp of the beloved 1967 animated classic, which is based on Rudyard Kipling`s book of the same name.
The `Iron Man` director, Jon Favreau, is helming the project, which will combine live-action and visual effects in a similar vein to 2009`s Avatar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer