Idris Elba to voice Shere Khan in The Jungle Book
London: British star Idris Elba, best known for his portrayal of drug lord in the HBO series `The Wire`, is set to voice `Shere Khan` in an upcoming reboot of `The Jungle Book`.
The 41-year-old actor is reportedly in final negotiations with Disney bosses to portray Shere Khan, the villainous jungle cat who is on the hunt for the story`s protagonist Mowgli.
The film is a revamp of the beloved 1967 animated classic, which is based on Rudyard Kipling`s book of the same name.
The `Iron Man` director, Jon Favreau, is helming the project, which will combine live-action and visual effects in a similar vein to 2009`s Avatar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan stumps Alia Bhatt in Dear Zindagi teaser 2
- Ajay Devgn casts an impressive spell with Shivaay trailer 2
- Salman Khan has some connection with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt will make you fall in love with them in ‘Dear Zindagi’ new poster
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why