IFFI celebrates Asian spiritualism through cinema
Panaji: A new section celebrating Asian spiritualism through cinema has been launched with the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) that got off to a rousing start here Tuesday.
Films like ‘The Buddha, Light of Asia’, ‘Samsara’, ‘Mystic Iran: The Unseen World’, ‘The Burmese Harp’ and ‘The Great Pilgrim’ will be screened under this section titled Soul of Asia: Cinema and Mysticism.
"The vision is to screen India premieres of films made on themes of Asian philosophies and philosophers, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen, Confucianism, Sufism and other ancient mystic and ascetic traditions of Asia," said the information and broadcasting ministry.
Included in the section is the acclaimed Chinese film, ‘Confucius’, directed by Hu Mei.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays