IFFI celebrates Asian spiritualism through cinema
Panaji: A new section celebrating Asian spiritualism through cinema has been launched with the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) that got off to a rousing start here Tuesday.
Films like ‘The Buddha, Light of Asia’, ‘Samsara’, ‘Mystic Iran: The Unseen World’, ‘The Burmese Harp’ and ‘The Great Pilgrim’ will be screened under this section titled Soul of Asia: Cinema and Mysticism.
"The vision is to screen India premieres of films made on themes of Asian philosophies and philosophers, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen, Confucianism, Sufism and other ancient mystic and ascetic traditions of Asia," said the information and broadcasting ministry.
Included in the section is the acclaimed Chinese film, ‘Confucius’, directed by Hu Mei.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' has been a joyride: Nitya Mehra
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming