IFFI celebrates Asian spiritualism through cinema
Panaji: A new section celebrating Asian spiritualism through cinema has been launched with the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) that got off to a rousing start here Tuesday.
Films like ‘The Buddha, Light of Asia’, ‘Samsara’, ‘Mystic Iran: The Unseen World’, ‘The Burmese Harp’ and ‘The Great Pilgrim’ will be screened under this section titled Soul of Asia: Cinema and Mysticism.
"The vision is to screen India premieres of films made on themes of Asian philosophies and philosophers, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen, Confucianism, Sufism and other ancient mystic and ascetic traditions of Asia," said the information and broadcasting ministry.
Included in the section is the acclaimed Chinese film, ‘Confucius’, directed by Hu Mei.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic