Initially, Blanchett was unsure about `Blue Jasmine`
Los Angeles: Actress Cate Blanchett admits to being hesitant to take on the role in "Blue Jasmine", which won her the best actress in a motion picture drama at the 71st Golden Globe Awards.
The actress said that she did not expect the film to do so well and is happy that people are liking it.
She said that while making the film, she felt that "I`d bitten off more than I could chew."
"It was such a complex, absurd, intense role - it was like going into battle every day," vogue.co.uk quoted Blanchett as saying.
She plays a rich Manhattan socialite who later gets a taste of poverty and homelessness and is glad that the audience understood the complexities of her character.
"I`m just happy that it`s still on screens and that people are watching it-particularly that it`s being enjoyed across different generations because the character does and says a lot of unpalatable things," she added.
The 44-year-old has been seen in films like "The Lord of the Rings", "The Aviator" and "Babel".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!