It`s funny when people say I will be a great villain: Angelina Jolie
London: Hollywood star Angelina Jolie finds it funny when people say that her negative role in Disney`s upcoming film `Maleficent` would be great.
The 38-year-old `Mr and Mrs Smith` actress, who appears as the titular wicked witch in `Maleficent`, said she was tempted to play the character from a very long time, reportedly.
"It is really funny when people say you`d be obvious for a great villain. She (Maleficent) was just my favourite as a little girl. I was terrified of her, but I was really drawn to her. I loved her," Jolie said.
"There were some discussions about it before I got the part, and I got a phone call from my brother, who said, `You`ve got to get your name on the list for this!," she added.
Jolie, with her partner Brad Pitt, raises six children - Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox.
The actress secretly revealed the film`s plot to her kids in order to gauge their reaction.
"I told my kids I was playing Maleficent and they said, `She`s so scary!` and I said, `Let me tell you the real story, but you can`t tell anybody.`
"And I put them in the room and I told them the story. So this was my test too, like any parent. And the next day I heard Shiloh getting into a fight with another kid, defending Maleficent, saying, `You don`t understand her!` They got into a bit of an argument and I thought, `That`s the reason to do the film," Jolie said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'