Jack Nicholson to star in `The Judge`
Los Angeles: Veteran Hollywood star Jack Nicholson is reportedly being courted to play Robert Downey Jr`s father in his next project, a legal drama ‘The Judge’.
Warner Bros have made an unofficial offer to the 75-year-old actor to star in the drama-comedy, being developed by Robert`s Team Downey production company, a leading daily has said.
The film will see a successful lawyer, played by Robert, returning to his hometown for his mother`s funeral only to discover his estranged father, the town`s judge, who is stricken with Alzheimer`s disease, is the main murder suspect.
The lawyer decides to represent his father in court and in the process reconnects with the family he walked out on years before.
Nicholson, who is picky when it comes to the acting roles he takes, has only made only seven films in the last decade.
David Dobkin is rumoured to be in the frame to co-produce and direct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan shoots with real-life boxers
- Sobhita Dhulipala was perfect for 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Anurag Kashyap
- Don't want to do many films at a time, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more