James Bond to be honoured at Oscars
Los Angeles: James Bond will be honoured at the Oscars ceremony following the success of ‘Skyfall’, the latest film in the franchise.
The 85th Academy Awards will also pay a tribute to the Bond movie franchise, which is currently celebrating its 50th anniversary, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"We are very happy to include a special sequence on our show saluting the Bond films on their 50th birthday. Starting with `Dr. No` back in 1962, the 007 movies have become the longest-running motion picture franchise in history and a beloved global phenomenon," said show producer Craig Zadan.
‘Skyfall’ is expected to pick up a handful of nods when the Oscar nominations are announced Thursday. Former Bond star Timothy Dalton feels ‘Skyfall’, the most successful Bond movie ever, is worthy of serious consideration in a number of categories.
In a recent interview, Daniel Craig`s predecessor insisted the latest blockbuster is "right at the forefront" of modern cinema.
In the past, only two spy series won Oscars -- 1964 release ‘Goldfinger’ won the best sound effects trophy, while its follow-up ‘Thunderball’ got the best special visual effects award.
"It is absolutely time for Bond to get proper attention at the Oscars. On almost every level, this Bond movie is right at the forefront of what cinema is capable of.
"It is an absolutely modern James Bond, a movie truly of its time. Daniel Craig is fantastic and it feels very real. I thought the film was fabulous," said Dalton.
‘Skyfall’ has become the first Bond film to earn more than $1 billion at the global box office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!