James Cameron sued over `Titanic 3D`
Los Angeles: A woman, who claims that director James Cameron and studio executives at 20th Century Fox/Paramount Pictures hijacked her idea to make the April 2012 release ‘Titanic 3D’, has reportedly sued them for $1 billion.
Faan Qin`s lawsuit contends that Cameron and his partners copied her idea ‘R.M.S. Titanic - The Experience’, reports tmz.com.
Faan said the moviemakers hijacked her idea for a 3D ride that recreates the experience of the cruise that crashed into an iceberg and sank on its maiden voyage in 1912.
Faan claims Cameron`s 3D movie has made more than $343 million, but she wants three times that to teach the Hollywood titan a lesson, reports the website.
Cameron`s movie on the real life incident released in 1997. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, it was a major success.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!