James Cameron to shoot two ‘Avatar’ sequels in 2013
Washington: James Cameron has revealed that he has started working on the script for ‘Avatar 2,’ and wants to start the shooting of the sci-fi follow-up by the end of 2013.
The 58-year-old Canadian film director and producer has said that he plans to shoot ‘Avatar 2’ and ‘Avatar 3’ at the same time.
“I want to get these scripts nailed down. I don’t want to be writing the movie in post production. We kind of did that on the first picture, I ended up cutting out a lot of scenes and I don’t want to do that again,” a website has quoted Cameron as saying.
The ‘Titanic’ director had earlier said that he only plans to make ‘Avatar’ films for the rest of his career.
“I’m in the ‘Avatar’ business. Period. That’s it. I’m making ‘Avatar 2’, ‘Avatar 3’, maybe ‘Avatar 4’, and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them,” he said.
“I’m not interested in taking scripts.... I think within the ‘Avatar’ landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'