James Franco to play ex-gay activist Michael Glatze in movie?
Los Angeles:Funnyman James Franco will reportedly play a real-life controversial figure in his next film.
The 35-year-old actor is tapped to play former-gay advocate, Michael Glatze, in a movie produced by Gus Van Sant. It will start shooting in New York in July, reportedly.
Glatze, who founded Young Gay America (YGA) magazine, had also made a documentary film, "Jim in Bold", to tackle gay teen suicide.
Franco previously worked with Van Sant in 2008`s "Milk". The actor played gay rights activist, Scott Smith, the love interest to Sean Penn`s Harvey Milk, while Van Sant served behind the lens.
Franco also played gay poet, Allen Ginsberg, in 2010`s "Howl".
"It`s not like it`s my mission to tell the stories of as many gay men as possible, although in some cases, I think it is the point. I guess that a lot of the figures that I love were gay," Franco had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!