James McAvoy wanted his character to die in `Filth`
London: Actor James McAvoy feels it was important that his character in crime-drama `Filth` was killed in an obvious way.
The 34-year-old star said that he was not much concerned about the ending of the movie based on Irvine Welsh`s best selling novel, but wanted his character to be killed, reported Contactmusic.
"I love the fact that he killed himself, I wasn`t worried about the ending. I was worried when people were trying to make it a happy ending, there was always talk of `maybe he should make it`, `or people don`t know if he`s killed himself or not`," McAvoy said.
The Scottish actor, who featured in `X-Men`, said it was a privilege to work in the big screen adaptation of Welsh`s book.
"I think helping to bring Irvine Welsh`s abusive, beautiful, nasty and hilarious world onto screen and do it well - it`s a privilege," he added.
McAvoy said he was surprised to see the response of the film, which raked in over USD 4 million at the box office.
"When it was made everyone was saying you`ll make USD 2 million at the box office, and we`ll do well here, but we made over twice the budget," he said.
"I don`t really care about the money but it`s an indicator of the fact that an independent film managed to get people to come and see it. It means that British film can do it, on its own, it`s remarkable. I`m really proud of it, he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!