James Spader to play villain in `Avengers: Age Of Ultron`
Los Angeles: Actor James Spader has been chosen to portray the titular baddie in the upcoming sequel to the superhero ensemble film `The Avengers`.
The star of the NBC series `The Blacklist` and Steven Spielberg`s `Lincoln` was chosen ahead of a host of other potential candidates to portray the super-powered, armoured, robotic super villain, reported Los Angeles Times online.
Marvel announced Spader`s casting, thus completing the list of main stars for the feature length film.
Already, the film`s two new additions have been cast, with Elizabeth Olsen signed on to portray the X Men hero Scarlet Witch, with `Kick-Ass` star Aaron Taylor-Johnson due to portray her brother, Quicksilver.
Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow are all due to return, and even `The Avengers` villain Loki (Tom Hiddleston) could appear in the film too.
`The Avengers: Age of Ultron`, directed by Joss Whedon, is due in cinemas on May 1, 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' to release on Diwali 2016
- Sonakshi Sinha's dubsmash video for `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` fans!
- Concept arts of Steven Spielberg's 'Robopocalypse' revealed
- With $ 74 million earnings,`Termination:Genisys` tops international box office
- Kunal Kapoor looking for solid meaty roles in Bollywood