Jean-Claude Van Damme opens up about his career`s `first` comedic film
New York: Action star Jean-Claude Van Damme, who recently starred in a funny viral ad for Volvo where he does a split between two trucks, has opened up about his career`s `first` comedic film ` Welcome to the Jungle`.
When the New York Post asked the 53-year-old actor why he was trying out straight comedy so late, he asserted that he has always enjoyed comedy, and there have been elements of comedy in several of his past films.
Van Damme added that the fact that he participated in something that was primarily a comedy was based on how much he liked the script and the fact that his character was a parody of an action guy.
In the upcoming flick, he plays a slightly crazy ex-Marine who leads his co-workers on a retreat that leaves the group stranded in the jungle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US