Jennifer Hudson eyeing Aretha Franklin’s role in biopic
New York: US Singer Jennifer Hudson used a surprise performance on Tuesday to strengthen her chances to win a role as ‘The Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin in an upcoming film.
The 32-year-old actress/singer appeared in a short dress and sang a medley of hits by Franklin and Whitney Houston at a 125th anniversary party for the late newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst.
“She introduced the (Franklin) song ‘Oh Me Oh My’ and said it was her plan to portray Aretha someday,” the New York Post quoted a source, as saying.
“Jennifer then asked the audience, ‘Is anyone listening?’ to imply someone in the crowd should give her that role,” she said.
Franklin has mentioned a wish list of supporting actors for her life story — including Terrence Howard, Denzel Washington, Audra McDonald, Nia Long and Kerry Washington — but has not endorsed any actress to play her role, since floating Halle Berry’s name early last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch how to apply your foundation flawlessly! Video inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'