Jennifer Hudson eyeing Aretha Franklin’s role in biopic
New York: US Singer Jennifer Hudson used a surprise performance on Tuesday to strengthen her chances to win a role as ‘The Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin in an upcoming film.
The 32-year-old actress/singer appeared in a short dress and sang a medley of hits by Franklin and Whitney Houston at a 125th anniversary party for the late newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst.
“She introduced the (Franklin) song ‘Oh Me Oh My’ and said it was her plan to portray Aretha someday,” the New York Post quoted a source, as saying.
“Jennifer then asked the audience, ‘Is anyone listening?’ to imply someone in the crowd should give her that role,” she said.
Franklin has mentioned a wish list of supporting actors for her life story — including Terrence Howard, Denzel Washington, Audra McDonald, Nia Long and Kerry Washington — but has not endorsed any actress to play her role, since floating Halle Berry’s name early last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!
- Commando 2 POSTERS: Vidyut Jammwal, Esha Gupta, Adah Sharma and Freddy Daruwala pack a punch!
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik