Jennifer Hudson was scared to play Winnie Mandela
Los Angeles: Actress-singer Jennifer Hudson had admitted that she feared playing Winnie Mandela in a film.
The 31-year-old will be seen in the role of the wife of South African anti-apartheid revolutionary Nelson Mandela in the upcoming film `Winnie Mandela`, reports contactmusic.com.
"I was very intimidated because she`s such an iconic figure," Hudson said.
"Once I got to Africa, I was like, `Wow, she`s a national treasure ... I have to take this seriously`. And I thought, `If I`m not going to hop in at 100 percent, maybe I should go home`. I actually had that moment where I was contemplating, `Can I handle this?` and if I`m going to do it: `Jennifer you have to be all in`," Hudson added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Willow: where street food meets exotic taste in a cafe setting
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam