Jennifer Hudson was scared to play Winnie Mandela
Los Angeles: Actress-singer Jennifer Hudson had admitted that she feared playing Winnie Mandela in a film.
The 31-year-old will be seen in the role of the wife of South African anti-apartheid revolutionary Nelson Mandela in the upcoming film `Winnie Mandela`, reports contactmusic.com.
"I was very intimidated because she`s such an iconic figure," Hudson said.
"Once I got to Africa, I was like, `Wow, she`s a national treasure ... I have to take this seriously`. And I thought, `If I`m not going to hop in at 100 percent, maybe I should go home`. I actually had that moment where I was contemplating, `Can I handle this?` and if I`m going to do it: `Jennifer you have to be all in`," Hudson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!