Jennifer Lopez signs up for film on Chilean miners
Los Angeles: Jennifer Lopez is the latest addition to the cast of ‘The 33’, a film based on the story of survival of the miners trapped for more than two months below ground after a mine collapse in northern Chile, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.
JLo joins a cast led by Spanish actor Antonio Banderas, who plays Mario Sepulveda, the charismatic miner who earned the nickname ‘Super Mario’ during the saga.
Filming will begin this fall in Chile under the direction of Patricia Riggen.
Also making up part of the cast will be Martin Sheen and Brazil`s Rodrigo Santoro.
The script, written by Mikko Alanne and Jose Rivera, revolves around the incidents that took place in the San Jose mine, where the miners spent 70 days some 700 meters underground before their rescue in October 2010.
The script was written in collaboration with the miners themselves and includes details never before made public about their first 17 days below ground, before they managed to contact the surface.
Simultaneously with the filming, journalist and author Hector Tobar is currently writing the official book about the miners` story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt